Friday, October 16, 2009

PDP Day

Lame. The fact that PDP day even exists just shows how much I am at Bridgewater, haha. Anyway, it's like this giant service learning day at Bridgewater where freshmen go out and do service that no one else would otherwise do....like clearing a lot. And of course, it was pouring yesterday and 40 degrees outside. I had the afternoon shift, so it was off and on. Everyone was freezing in their jeans and hoodies to go into the forest and cut down trees, but me.....I was so hardcore. I whipped out the backpacking clothes.

Rainpants
Long sleeve 50/50 shirt
Zip fleece
Rain Coat
Gloves - work and warmth
A warm hat
An extra pair of pants just in case I was inside
An extra pair of socks
Water

And I took a wetsack and I put a small trash bag inside of it and then put my stuff inside of that so nothing got wet. Hardcore. My mom would have been so proud :]

I did end up going inside, so I DID change my pants, haha. It was still draining though. I got back and took a two and a half hour nap lol.

3 comments:

  1. So proud! You're such a good prepared Girl Scout. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! And you could have told them to watch out for the hairy vines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Glad that you can show those college girls how it should be done!

    ReplyDelete