Wednesday, August 19, 2009

So Long, Farewell

So tomorrow is my last day at Executive, which I am thoroughly excited about. Don't get me wrong, it made me some good money and there are lots of cool people there, but I'm ready for college. And I'm also ready to not have to wake up at 5:30 every morning :]

Yesterday I got to work at 6:45 and didn't get home until 9:00. Today wasn't as dramatic, we got back a couple of hours earlier, but we had THE MOST high maitenence shipper ever. I'm not even joking either. I went on a pack and load job with two guys and it was only 2900 pounds. With a ridiculously slow crew that should take 5 hours at most, and that's if they move like turtles. We were there for eight and a half hours today. EIGHT AND A HALF HOURS!!! And it wasn't because we were slow.

Ok so first we get there and the wife is all confused because she "doesn't know where to start" and is like having a panic attack, because she can't decide where to show us what has to go first. Then Ft. Belvoir and Executive had a mis-communication, and the shippers were under the impression that we were going to pack their entire apt, when only we were packing the things that were going with the husband to Hawaii. So then they were pissed about that. Then, the guy was sexist. I don't feel like explaining the rest of the story because it's long and I'm tired, but basically he told us to pack everything and then as we were getting ready to leave he asked where like 5 things were. They're packed. Then he bitched at us and was like "you weren't supposed to pack that!" Umm, I'm sorry douche, but you told us to pack everything. And he didn't tell us he had handguns. They were in a box that wasn't labeled, so we just packed them. Then when he told us at the end, we had to go and open all the freaking boxes we packed to find them. Asshole.

In 3 days I've worked almost 35 hours. I'm exhausted and my feet are killing me, so needless to say I better be in the freaking warehouse tomorrow.

Oh&I went shopping with my dad tonight so he could have something to wear to my cousin's wedding this weekend. I have great suit taste.


"I've been swallowed up alive, shut down, building from the inside out"

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul." - Judy Garland

No comments:

Post a Comment